Electrical Panel Designer
Why choose Argus
Argus is an automated control systems pioneer with over thirty years of leadership and innovation in control technology. We were among the first to use computers for integrating the control of greenhouse environments and irrigation systems.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT ARGUS AWESOME:
- Great culture and awesome people
- Casual and fun office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance
Position Title: Electrical Panel Designer
Department: Project Design
As a member of the Project Design Team, you will work independently with the knowledge of CSA and UL panel building electrical codes to produce electrical panel layouts using AutoCAD and prepare bills of material necessary to fabricate your design. You may also provide support to other departments (Sales, Production, and R&D) by preparing preliminary designs in accordance with customer specifications.
Reports to: Project Design Team Manager
- Create electrical power & control circuit drawings based on design from client specifications, Argus rules / guidelines / standards, Code Rules (cUL, CSA, NEC, and CEC) and other regulations including creation and layout of project labels.
- Create and verify parts list from drawings (extract to ERP system) for use in creating pick lists for production.
- Follow all procedures to fulfill project requirements including filling out checklists to ensure a high-quality product.
- Attend/initiate project reviews with Project Designers to develop and refine electrical design requirements, product selection and sizing.
- Work with Project Design Team Lead for continuous improvement of electrical design and wiring practices for safety, cost, and lead time improvements.
- Informing management in a timely manner of any situations where help will be required to deliver the project on time.
- Keep internal customers informed of the status of their projects, and what we require from them.
- Maintain accurate project records, documentation, and internal/external correspondences with the client in the internal company database, which may be used to facilitate future customer support.
- Provide technical support to cross-functional departments including sales, application services, production, materials management, and quality assurance as needed.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, unless otherwise specified
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- Electrical Engineering degree, or Electrical Engineering Technology diploma, from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent experience.
- Read, Write and Speaks English
- Developed project management, time management and personal organization skills.
- Knowledge of CSA & UL codes and standards
- Knowledge of electrical & electronics instrumentations is required
- Ability to read and understand technical specifications
Job Type: Full-time