Why choose Argus
Argus is an automated control systems pioneer with over thirty years of leadership and innovation in control technology. We were among the first to use computers for integrating the control of greenhouse environments and irrigation systems.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT ARGUS AWESOME:
- Great culture and awesome people
- Casual and fun office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance
Position Title: Project Designer
Department: Project Design Team
The Project Designer manages the defined project design process including gathering a customer’s requirements, optimizing the design, drawing implementation and review, determining sequence of operations and software setup in collaboration with the Application Services department, having the project built by the Production department, shipping the project and handover to Application Services department to commission and complete.
Reports to: Lead Project Designer
- Gather project requirements from Sales information, customer documents and correspondence, other sources as applicable.
- Create load list (project designs) and other documents to define projects.
- Gather information and work with AST department to ensure proper sequence of operations it obtained.
- Create drawings based on design from client specifications, Argus rules / guidelines / standards, Code Rules (cUL, CSA, NEC, CEC) and other regulations including creation and layout of project labels.
- Create and verify parts list from drawings (extract to Hotei) for use in production.
- Follow all procedures to fulfill project requirements including filling out checklists to ensure a high quality product.
- Review all client facing documents being sent to the customer for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct project management duties and ensure submittals and products are delivered on-time.
- Monitor deviations from the original scope of work and issue written change orders, as necessary.
- Keep customers informed of the status of their projects, and what we require from them.
- Maintain accurate project records, documentations and internal/external correspondences with the client in the internal company database, which may be used to facilitate future customer support.
- Provide technical support to cross-functional departments including sales, application services, production, materials management and quality assurance, as needed.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment
- Occasional travel may be required.
- This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, unless otherwise specified
- Electrical Engineering degree, or Electrical Engineering Technology diploma, from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills are required including competency with MS Office and AutoCAD
- Read, Write and Speaks English
- Developed project management, time management and personal organization skills.
Job Type: Full-time