Why choose Argus
Argus is an automated control systems pioneer with over thirty years of leadership and innovation in control technology. We were among the first to use computers for integrating the control of greenhouse environments and irrigation systems.
WHAT MAKES WORKING AT ARGUS AWESOME:
- Great culture and awesome people
- Casual and fun office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance
Position Title: Quality Coordinator
Department: Infrastructure Operations
The Quality Coordinator position is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating the organization’s quality management system (QMS)
Reports to: Infrastructure Operations Manager
- Conduct internal audits of the Quality Management System and report results to senior management.
- Manage the audit program to ensure that all nonconformities raised during internal and external audits are effectively corrected and verified
- Provide Quality training to all employees
- Maintain the organization’s ISO 9001 certification and ensure that all requirements of the standard are met.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the quality management system by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities within the organization
- Liaise with departmental managers and personnel throughout the organization to ensure that the quality management system is functioning properly.
- Look at ways to reduce waste, minimize risk and increase efficiency
- Make suggestions for changes or improvements and how to implement them
- Develop and maintain quality-related documentation including policies, objectives, procedures and work instructions
- Ensure that personnel are appropriately trained on quality-related activities
- Ensure that the organizations Health & Safety activities and policies meet required WorkSafeBC Standards
- Coordinate Health & Safety training throughout the organization
- Recommend safety-related policies.
- Schedule and perform workplace inspections and safety audits.
- Conduct incident investigations including documentation.
- Initiate and follow-up on corrective actions.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment
- Occasional site visits of vendor facilities may be required
- This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday, unless otherwise specified
- 1+ years of quality coordinator experience is required; preferably in a manufacturing environment
- A working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 or ISO 9001:2015
- Strong computer skills are required including competency with MS Office
- Must have strong communication skills, be well organized, able to multi-task and work as part of a team
- ISO 9001 Certified Internal Auditor certification an asset.
Job Type: Full-time