Grow with Argus
Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference. For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced controls systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture. Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
The Application Services Technician is responsible for the configuration to control horticulture equipment based on a defined sequence of operations (SEQ) and project scope for new and existing Argus systems. The technician will also be responsible for providing occasional technical support to customers. A key objective of this role is to complete configuration tasks as per project deadlines.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Configuring of software to control horticultural equipment for new and existing Argus systems.
- Interpret the SEQ and technical documentation applicable to equipment control for horticultural facilities.
- Perform defined technical tasks and solves problems based on applied science for horticulture industry and technology.
- Perform technical procedures to ensure horticultural equipment is controlled by Argus in a safe manner.
- Work in teams and facilitates clear communications to all stakeholders of a project using suitable tools.
- Provide occasional technical support under close supervision of a service technician/technologist.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and detail oriented
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Jira/Confluence, ERP System
- Certificate in Engineering Technology or Associate Degree in Engineering Technology Skills
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume for consideration to email@example.com
Argus Control Systems Limited
#101-18445 53rd Ave.
Surrey, British Columbia
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.