Grow with Argus
Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference. For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced controls systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture. Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
The Application Services Technologist I is responsible for designing
and developing the sequence of operations (SEQ) to control horticulture
equipment for new and existing Argus systems. The technologist will also
be responsible for working closely with customers to ensure accurate
scope during the project cycle. A key objective of this role is to
foster positive customer relationships by responding to all inquiries in
a timely manner with the most accurate information possible using the
appropriate media. The position reports to the AST Programming Lead.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Designing and developing the SEQ to control horticulture equipment
for new and existing Argus projects in collaboration technical
personnel, business professionals, and clients.
- Interpret customer requirements and technical documentation
applicable to equipment control for indoor and outdoor greenhouse
- Provide technical input resulting in operational decisions for projects.
- Produce technical documentation defined as per the project requirements.
- Work in teams and facilitates clear communications to all stakeholders of a project using suitable tools.
- Provide guidance on the technical and operational specifications of Argus related equipment for internal and external customers.
- Perform defined technical tasks and solves problems based on applied science for horticulture industry and technology.
- Optimize the Argus software by developing software improvements by working with the Research and Development Team.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively apply basic principles of project management.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 1+
years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Jira/Confluence, ERP System
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Argus Control Systems Limited
#101-18445 53rd Ave.
Surrey, British Columbia
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.