Grow with Argus
Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference. For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced controls systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture. Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
The Senior Engineering Manager will be a key leader within our cross-functional organization and a proactive member of the Argus Leadership Team. Reporting to the VP & General Manager, this role is responsible for the overall leadership of our operational Engineering functions and Project Design team. Responsibilities will include oversight of Control System Design, and Drawings, Sustaining & Reliability Engineering and New Product Introductions. This role will provide strategic, technical, and managerial oversight for the whole team, as well as coaching and mentoring for the functional leads within the team. This individual will also work closely with our Chief Technology Officer (CTO), R&D, and Quality Team to provide technical and operational leadership to the broader organization in helping to bolster Engineering processes and guidelines including development and management of ECO’s, Rev control, and testing standards and processes.
Responsibilities & Duties
LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT
- Active participation as senior leader within the Argus Leadership Team in the setting and execution of organizational strategies and objectives
- Leadership and development of the team and team members, ensuring clarity in roles, expectations, and providing transformational leadership to Argus’ future leaders
- A driving force in creating an environment where information flows rapidly and openly from management to complex systems, to strategy in order to minimize risks, wasted resources, and energy.
- Strong influencing skills, including buy-in and consensus building among all levels of the organization that deliver optimal results
- Responsible for maintaining competence within the Project Design team and striving to advance the body of knowledge within design practices and skills through internal/external training and engaging in other opportunities for professional development.
- Provide leadership to Argus’ Sustaining Engineering and Reliability Engineering activities and to work across the organization to help ensure product sustaining decisions are made proactively and effectively and that R&D is properly and effectively consulted on sustainment decisions.
- Develop and enhance existing processes around ECO’s, revision control and product change management.
- Manage the NPI process in conjunction with R&D and prepare the organization for the successful launch, manufacturing, and operationalization of new hardware and software products and platforms.
- Manage projects from acceptance to sign off, including gathering a customer’s requirements, optimizing the design, drawing implementation and review, determining sequence of operations and software setup, having the project built by the Production department, shipping the project, supporting installations, commissioning, and training.
- Lead the Project Design team and function:
- Provide direction on structure, tools, process, and expectations for the Design, Drawing, and Programming team leads and team members
- Coaching, management, and development of team members in a cross-functional work environment
- Continuing to improve Project Design’s upstream and downstream workflow and interaction with other teams and departments, including sales, service, and manufacturing
- Enhance Argus Engineering documentation and change management processes, in conjunction with Quality, R&D, and other functions, to align processes and tools across the organization.
- Work with Quality to assess and improve project quality and process and overall Quality Control
- Ensure effective project management: quality, time, cost, scope, risk mitigation, communication plans.
- Monitor deviations from the original scope of work and issue written change orders, as necessary.
- Coordinate projects with internal and external sources (e.g., sales, configuration team, commissioning team, Production, clients, general contractors, architects, engineers, and sub-contracts, as required)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- People-centered leadership focus
- Alignment with and support of the Argus CARE values
- Client-centric mindset
- Critical thinker and entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to work and thrive in a dynamic and growing organization
- Ability to lead up and across in a cross-functional/matrixed organization
- Builder and scaler of the process with the ability to find/create solutions for client and organizational challenges.
- Expertise in control systems, panel design and system design.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- P.Eng. Designation
- 7+ years’ experience in Engineering, Product/Project Management
- 3 + Controls System Engineering experience
- Lean / Six Sigma
- o Mechanical and manufacturing engineering in a production environment
- o Lean Manufacturing and Process Improvement
- ERP and CAD experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume for consideration to email@example.com
Argus Control Systems Limited
#101-18445 53rd Ave.
Surrey, British Columbia
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.