Grow with Argus
Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference.
For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced controls systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture.
Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
Fulfill, test, and review orders including documentation. More Senior Production Technicians oversee the work of more Junior Production Technicians as well as reviewing and maintaining work instructions and procedures.
Reporting to: Production Manager
Responsibilities & Duties
- Maintain a safe and tidy work environment.
- Put together control system networks for testing of orders.
- Build and test Relay Control Panels.
- Manage, build and test system orders including the above components.
- Review Parts and System orders for completeness and quality.
- Assist in review and maintenance of work instructions and procedures.
- Senior Production Technicians oversee Junior Production employees working on orders.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
The employee has the authority to:
- Refuse to work in unsafe conditions.
- Refuse to release a product deemed unready either in function or quality.
- Access the information necessary to the position.
- Work is performed in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- No travel is required.
- This is a full-time position based on a 40-hour workweek unless otherwise specified.
- The employee must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by the task being done. Steel-toed shoes or boots must be worn at all times in the Production area.
- This position requires the employee to be standing most of the time with some heavy lifting involved.
- Electrical knowledge: a 1 or 2-year post-secondary diploma in the electrical or electronics field or equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on assembly or testing experience either through schooling or work experience.
- Read, Write, and Speaks English.
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.