Grow with Argus
Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference. For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced controls systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture. Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
The Project Designer manages the defined project design process
including gathering a customer’s requirements, optimizing the design,
drawing implementation and review, determining sequence of operations
and software setup in collaboration with the AST department, shipping
the project and handover to AST to commission and complete.
Reports to: Project Design Lead
Responsibilities & Duties
- Gather project requirements from Sales information, customer documents and correspondence, other sources as applicable.
- Create load list (project designs) and other documents to define projects.
- Gather information and work with AST department to ensure proper sequence of operations it obtained.
- Follow all procedures to fulfill project requirements including filling out checklists to ensure a high quality of projects.
- Review all client facing documents being sent to the customer for accuracy and completeness.
- Conduct project management duties and ensure submittals and products are delivered on-time.
- Monitor deviations from the original scope of work and issue written change orders, as necessary.
- Keep customers informed of the status of their projects, and what we require from them.
- Maintain accurate project records, documentations, and internal/external correspondences with the client in the internal company database, which may be used to facilitate future customer support.
- Provide technical support to cross-functional departments including sales, application services, production, materials management, and quality assurance, as needed.
- Comply with policies and procedures as specified in the Argus Employee Policy Manual and Quality Management System.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Team Player
- Communication and Organizational skills
- Critical Thinking
Education & Experience
- Electrical Engineering Technology diploma, from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent experience.
- Strong computer skills are required including competency with MS Office.
- Read, Write and Speaks English.
- Developed project management, time management and personal organization skills.
- Position if full-time (40 hours/week); Monday – Friday
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Compensation: The successful applicant will be remunerated based on their skills and experience
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume for consideration to email@example.com
Argus Control Systems Limited
#101-18445 53rd Ave.
Surrey, British Columbia
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
What Makes Working at Argus Awesome
- Great culture and awesome people
- Casual and fun office environment
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits & Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.