Grow with Argus
Our world is changing. Our population is growing. Agriculture is transforming new plants, better crops, greenhouse growing, vertical farming, and the technology that makes it all happen. At Argus, this is our world. We’re driven by our vision to protect the environment, stabilize food security and improve human health by providing technology to growers and plant scientists who are making a difference. For the last 35 years, we’ve been providing the world with the most advanced controls systems for horticulture. Our business has tripled in the last few years alone. And now we’re leaping forward with ground-breaking software, enriched data solutions and cutting-edge artificial intelligence tools that will change the way growers grow, and the future of agriculture. Grow beyond your expectations for your career. Grow with Argus.
Argus Controls’ R&D department is
working towards building the next generation of greenhouse and closed
environment control products. We work with many different cultivation type
customers from vegetable growers to bio researchers. The role we are looking to
fill is of a UX/UI designer with advanced prototyping skills. The work we have is
to collaborate with our lead designer in designing interface solutions for
controlling cultivation environments, controlling irrigation & nutrient
systems, tracking & displaying plant data, and much more. The role will
also involve collaborating closely with the Full Stack developers to support
their front-end work.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Build, maintain and grow an interactive design prototype
- Lead the UI responsibilities by generating assets and supporting the front-end development process
- Design high-quality graphical content
- Perform user and industry research to become an expert on our users
- Support the user testing process with your design prototype
- Support UX design research, analysis & wireframe process
- Progress UX wireframes into UI designs
- Continually upskill and improve one’s creative design skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A strong understanding of communication and collaboration.
- Understand the value of empathy in UX Design.
- Comprehensive understanding of design processes and methodologies.
- Passion for design and solving problems.
- Proficiently speak and write English.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a course, diploma, or degree in “design” from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- 5+ years of industry experience as a UI designer.
- A convincing portfolio of interface and graphic designs (data visualization designs will stand out)
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of completed design projects.
- Comprehensive programming skills and experience with:
- Understand interface aesthetics and graphics design
- Understand UI/UX methodologies
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Argus Control Systems Limited
#101-18445 53rd Ave.
Surrey, British Columbia
All applicants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Argus is an entrepreneurial organization built on the expertise of our people we are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees to ensure we meet the ever-evolving needs of our clients. Our employees enjoy competitive salaries, benefits, and reward programs, within a dynamic work environment. Argus recognized that our continued success is dependent on the capabilities and self-motivation of our people, and therefore encourages and supports employees’ continual growth and development.